Tuesday 7 May 2019

WASBAR

Tuesday, afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see,
Now I'm on my way,
It doesn't matter to me,
Chasing the clouds away.

We've been out for a short coffee ride. Cloudy sky, dry, 11° and perfect cycling weather and The Moody Blues on my headphone. The clouds were gone in the afternoon. And now it is not only me anymore who wants a warm drink (read: coffee) after a ride. Lieve wanted to go to a kinda new place (for us tho) in the middle of town. Only foot steps away from my favourite "Take Five" coffee bar.
Anyway, I followed the misses and ended up in a place called Wasbar. Bit scary when you know a wasbar in Flemish means laundry.
But if you stroll in town you find more places where they serve coffee on the side. A bookshop, a jeans store, a barber shop ..... they all have coffee while you wait or shop.
So also in this wasbar, that is situated on a lovely little square, busy little street full of pedestrians.

And the clouds disappeared while we sat down. A nice afternoon sun, just what we needed.
To be honest the drinks were great. Because it was a little late in the afternoon I got meself latte caramel and Lieve a Matcha tea, both served the way it should be by friedly staff.

This place is part of a business group that combines coffee and bagels and salads,with a laundry service. Do your washing while you enjoy breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea or a quick espresso.
Inside there is lots of choice to find a calm spot to do some work on your laptop or even reading a magazine.
I guess I will need to go back to try out their bagel burgers cause they really look delicious.

O, and for those who want to organise a little party, also that is possible!

WASBAR - Kalandestraat 3 - 9000 Gent
open every day from 9am till 7pm

http://www.wasbar.be


No comments:

Post a Comment